HAITI ENERGIE: HISTORY AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Haiti Energie www.haitienergie.net was founded six years ago and has installed over 3.5 Megawatts of solar-based electricity throughout Haiti:
- Mirebalais Hospital, the largest solar electric hospital in the world.
- Thousands of solar streetlights all over the country, which has had a direct impact on lowering the crime rate in those areas.
Haiti Energie carries a full line of solar-based equipment that will provide electricity to everything from a small single family home to a luxury resort hotel. Their services cover everything from design to supply, installation and repair.
Haiti Energie enjoys strong partnerships with national and international organizations, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Mitsubishi Electric, and The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), International Energy Agency (IEA), Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), the United States Energy Association (USEA), Sunrise, and Gold Zero.
Haiti Energie is incorporated both in Haiti and the United States.
Haiti Energie is the first company to have a license* issued by the Haitian government making them a “utility”.
- There are ten (10) contracts* in place to design, build and maintain solar farms throughout the island nation. These will range in size from 1½ MW to over 10 MW.
- Widen the current electrical grid which only to 20% of the population
- Design a system capable of providing solar electricity to the balance of the population.
- Haiti Energie is in process to establish a good relationship with the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). This is an independent United States government agency that provides investment services to assist U.S. companies investing in emerging markets in foreign countries.
- A relationship has been established* with Florida International University’s Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering whereby they will provide the engineering design and plan for every project Haiti Energie takes on. This is being done at a minimal cost so their graduate students have the opportunity to gain experience in this field.
- A dealer agreement in place with Andalay Solar for panelswhose strategic partners will provide batteries, wiring, racking, and all the accouterments necessary to transform the solar plan into a highly efficient and productive system.
Ile-a-Vâche, beautiful Haitian Resort Island, is quickly becoming a vacation destination. A new airport is currently being built and will soon welcome visitors to 5 stars resort hotels, casinos and breath taken with sand beaches. Supporting the vacation industry, there are five thousand families are now living on the island. Haiti Energie is raising Six Million, Eight Hundred Thousand ($6,800,000 USD) Dollars with the ultimate goal to design and install the perfect grid and associated infrastructure required to provide first class electrical service to the entire island.